Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

India Visit Days 7 and 8 - Quiet days

On the 4th and the 5th of March, I was busy sorting out affairs at home and related to my own issues in India, including visiting relevant people like my C.A. etc. I also had the opportunity to meet or talk on the phone with many more people whom I have lost regular touch with. I had a chance to meet some of my own GS class-mates over tea and snacks at a restaurant in Opera House area, Mumbai. The friends who came to meet me were few in number, but they more than made up for it in apportioning a lot of their busy time to chat with me and share their ideas. They included Drs. Dhaval Gandhi (a plastic surgeon), Suhas Parikh (a cardiac surgeon) and Raghunath Phatak (a diabetologist). Dr. Phatak is also my own diabetic doctor. The four of us met at Vihar Coffee House and had a very good time! We had some chinese vegetable starters and a medley of dosas over tea or coffee. It was high quality time indeed and I returned from this meeting with very good memories. Here, I share a few photos of this meeting.

Drs Dhaval, Raghunath and Suhas from left to right with me




I also had the chance to meet with an old friend of mine, also my classmate, but also close to me because we hail from the same native place in Gujarat. This was Dr. Shailesh Joshi, who is now a successful Orthopaedic surgeon in Bhandup and other central suburban areas of Mumbai. We met at his house in Bhandup, where he had invited me. Here are a few photos of this meeting:



And that, my dear reader, brings me to the end of this entry. Thank you for reading. I would much appreciate your comments.

1 comment: