Translate

Friday, March 18, 2016

India Visit, Day 10: Final adieus and departure for U.K.

I am now nearing the end of the re-telling of my first short vacation to India from the U.K. It was a very eventful holiday indeed. More than anything, the surprise element added charm and love to the whole thing. I imagine I might have inspired others to do something similar to spice up their own encounters with their near and dear ones. 

I did surprise my family in one more way. I had a tattoo of a traditional tribal design made on my shoulder when I was in the U.K. and when I showed this to my family members, it made them all gasp with shock and pleasure. I would like to share that with you, dear reader. Not their look of surprise, but the tattoo itself:

The final day was spent in packing my bags. There were a host of things I had collected over the last week, a list of which I had made much earlier when I was still in the UK. Among these things were a good quality kadai with a glass lid, some spices and condiments I had missed earlier on my first travel to the UK,, some new clothing that I got stitched while in India, and a lot of miscellaneous stuff. 

Eventually, I left the house at about four o'clock, and reached the airport at around five p.m. in the company of my daughter Hannah. The return flight was at half past nine, and this took me across Asia and Europe till I arrived at Manchester early in the morning on Monday, the 7th of March 2016. 

Hannah and I in the foyer of T2 Terminal of the CSIA

Smiling and cheerful faces hiding the inner pain of parting
This ends the string of posts describing my brief but memorable holiday in India. On to my newer posts about life in UK. Thank you all for reading ...


No comments:

Post a Comment