Translate

Friday, March 18, 2016

Back in the UK, the past 10 days

After arriving here in the U.K. I have immersed myself in work but have not lost any opportunity to relax and entertain. My readers who are also connected to me via Facebook may have seen my post related to my one day trip to Liverpool on last Saturday. I also went out to eat a solo dinner on the last Wednesday (at the Akash Indian restaurant) and a dinner with a friend on the following night - with Michael at Nunzio's (my second visit to this amazing Italian restaurant). 

In other news:

  •  my work is getting better now that I am able to understand the system. 
  • I ordered a "kettlebell" for working out from home. 
  • I am missing the gymnasium on account of being busy until the late hours of every work day. 
  • I am enjoying home-made chapatis for dinner. 
  • I am still finding it difficult to cook food, and so, am eating the dal I had cooked on the last Wednesday. 
  • Finding cooked food is not so difficult in the UK, and I usually end up stocking my small refrigerator with stuff bought from M & S, W H Smith, Sainsbury or similar outlet. 
  • On last Sunday, I went on a cross-country walk inside Blackpool. This walk begins from a gate inside the hospital complex, cuts across the golf course next to the hospital, and keeps going towards Staining, a suburban area of Blackpool. During this trip, I caught some birds and landscapes on my Canon camera. The photos haven't exactly been award material, so I am going to post just a few here. 
A Blackbird

On a cross-country trail, a group of riders

Victoria Hospital, from the trail I was on.

The cold weather freezes the exhaust from a continental airliner.

Robin

A sea gull

A mallard drake

No comments:

Post a Comment