Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Another Saturday, another walk, and lots of new pictures.

On this Saturday too, I went on a cross-country walk. As I had done the last week, I first went through the road that emerges out of my hospital, then past the golf course to Marton Mere Local Nature Reserve, where I stopped inside a bird hide to see a lot of different birds, and then, via a different route, to Stanley Park, where I again saw and photographed many more. In the process, I also walked quite a bit and met a birder-photographer by the name of Martin Lever, whom I befriended and stayed with, as he showed me many new potential bird-sighting areas. 

Martin is a recently unemployed professional photographer who shoots weddings for a living in addition to freelancing by selling his photos to magazines and other forms of publications. I was impressed by his very light camera and lens combination which, nevertheless, took awesome pictures all the way. 

The entire walk-cum-shooting of birds took over three hours, but by the time I finished, I had a respectable list of over 20 birds and nearly a hundred photos in my camera. Here, I share with you all some of the best ones that I captured.

Woodpigeon


Pheasant (female)

Chaffinch

Magpie

Moorhen

Red grouse

Chaffinch

Dunnock

Pheasnat (male)

Reed Bunting (male)

Carrion crow (juvenile)

Great Tit

Black-headed gull (summer plumage)

Black-headed gull (winter plumage)
I hope you liked the pictures as much as I did preparing them and sharing them with you. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment