Translate

Saturday, July 2, 2016

June has ended

Dear reader,

A lot has happened this last month. I was staying away from writing as my career was not going the way I would have liked it to go when May ended. I am happy to say that the month of turbulence has finally ended and there is some clarity as to where I am going next and what I am going to do. 

First of all, my apologies to all of you for not posting more often. I was really weighing my options when May ended. One of them was to keep looking for new jobs within the U.K. The second was to leave the U.K. and explore other countries to seek a new job. This would have included middle Eastern countries like the U.A.E., as also countries like Australia and NZ. Eventually, though, I decided to stick with the U.K. and work for some more time here and see if I am able to sustain myself. 

I am therefore happy to inform you that in most probability, I will continue my work here in the U.K. from another hospital, this time in London. I have received their letter of offer. The reason I am unable to confirm the job 100% is that I will need a new Tier 2 (General) visa to be able to earn the right to work. For this, the hospital must grant me a Certificate of Sponsorship. With that in hand, I have to approach the government of the UK for a new visa. Once I have that visa, I can move on to the new job. 

My work at Blackpool will end when July ends. During this month, I will continue to try and improve my skills, as I have been doing this last month. What changed for me in June is that I began to do locum jobs every weekend. I am very pleased to share with you that I have now worked in several new locations within the U.K. This included my work in Preston, Bolton, Whiston, Abergavenny and Manchester. I have now worked as a Neonatal SHO, a Paediatric SHO, and a Tertiary care SHO within England and Wales. Importantly, these jobs are giving me more and more confidence to work in the NHS. Additionally, they are paying jobs as well, so I get paid extra money for having done them. Payment is official and comes to me net of taxes. 

Many of my friends admire my commitment and resolve to make a success of whatever comes my way. I do not call it such big things. I call it my credo. My reason for existence. My basic nature. Try and try, then try even harder to succeed. Never give up. There will be days when you might want to give it all up and return to your safe zone. Don't do that. The advantage adversity gives you is something immeasurable. Keep reaching out for the stars.

Thank you for reading my entry. Do share your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment