Translate

Monday, July 18, 2016

Easing into the second innings of my old job

My readers - I am grateful to all of you for your good wishes. I am aware that many among you have been disturbed by the recent posts where I have hinted at emerging problems with my work here in the U.K. I had given news that I was going to have to shift to a new job from August. I am happy to tell you that I won't be shifting after all. The recent months have seen my skills go up significantly. I am now able to understand the complexity of working with the UK's NHS system much better than where I was, say, in May 2016. 

As a result, I have been re-offered a new contract with the Blackpool Hospital. I will not be working as a registrar until I can prove my talent. However, I will stay on, and continue to work Mondays to Fridays as a senior house officer (with a reduced annual salary, of course), until I am adjudged to be skilled enough to re-take the registrar posting. This will allow me to grow professionally with the same team with whom I have begun my first innings in the U.K. I am hoping that I will continue to do locum jobs on weekends, and thereby augment my knowledge and income as I am doing currently. 

This is the news as of now. Do watch this space for more details and new happenings. Thanks once again for reading and for your good wishes. If you like - do leave your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Taheri. I'm sure you will learn fast and get back to your original job soon. All the best.

    ReplyDelete