Translate

Friday, January 20, 2017

Update and more

Dear Readers,

I have been amiss in not posting anything on this blog since the past nearly one and a half months. I will offer no excuses for this, but I do wish to say this: I have missed you all as much as you have missed my posts - perhaps it is a greater loss for me. 

So, after the passing of the one-year milestone, my life in the hospital and in Blackpool went into a routine. Nothing exciting was happening and I was plodding on from day to day. I did locum duties about 6 days in all, and they were mostly in Bolton and at Bassetlaw. Of course, they helped me save more money and earned me a bit more of practical experience.

Back home in India, my family began gearing for my expected visit to Mumbai in the first week of January. This time, the primary reason for my Mumbai visit would be to attend the 40th reunion of my GS Medical College batch of '77. We would be going to Kashid and our stay would be at Prakruti Resorts. This is a large resort spread over a big area of 100 acres. There are indoor and outdoor activities here, including carrom, tennis, a swimming pool, a discotheque, and more. The rooms were decent, and in line with their 4-star rating. Nearly 60 out of our batch of 160 attended the get-together. We - i.e, my family and I travelled together. Inas and Hannah were initially apprehensive about what they would occupy their time with as they would be the only offspring to travel to this holiday. In the event. they were quite happy with the entire package. There was much they could do as a pair, and also, they played with the rest of the class when we had beach handball as a game. The food at the resort was really good, and they varied the menu at every meal so that I had a taste of many different kinds of foods and hence, enjoyed myself.

The reunion itself was remarkable. It was a memorable experience because we had all had different life jouirneys  but were now on a common platform with no differences of sex, social backgrounds, religious beliefs, financial standing or any other yardstick,

In addition, I had a good time with my family. I ate out with my daughters on a few occasions and with the whole family (i.e. including wife Nishrin) on a few more. It was all quite enjoyable. The outing with both daughters was in a mall, where I had food with them in Bombay Blue in a mall known as Phoenix Market City near Vikhroli. This was a lovely lunch with mostly a mix of Italian and Mexican food. 

With Hannah, I had a meal or two in more casual outlets when we went shopping together. With the family, I went to World Streat Foods at Nariman Point  unique experience.  This is a recently opened restaurant that brings world street foods to you in the ambience of a comfortable, indoor place. We really enjoyed this one. We had food from Sri Lanka, East Africa, the Americas and also stuff from other parts of the world. 

As I have posted on social media, I was able to help out some people with their life-problems. One of them was a mom with a child with a borderline delay of milestones. Another was an ex-patient of mine searching for advice on the choice of post-graduation in his chosen field. 

Finally, this short visit, I rejuvenated myself to return to the UK for some more serious work.

No comments:

Post a Comment